Northern Rubber developed the current formula in association with the World Professional Snooker Association. Hainsworth’s innovation and testing laboratory ensures that the rubber is always performing, with the latest O-Zone resistant materials. The rubber does not seep out vital ingredients which result in the cracking and deadening of the rubber, caused by O-zone degradation.
Unlike other manufacturers, Northern Rubber by Hainsworth is vulcanised/cured separately to the extrusion process, each set of rubber being put into its own mould for curing. This controlled method ensures the shape and density of the rubber, maintaining a perfect rebound every time with no air pockets.
To guarantee authenticity Northern Rubber products now carry unique identifying markers that cannot be copied. To check your rubbers are a genuine Northern Rubber Product look for
- The Yellow Button – Because Northern Rubber is vulcanised the yellow button sits within the product and cannot wear or peel off. The Yellow button signifies authenticity.
- Batch Number – Each rubber carries as its unique batch number for traceability back to the exact production batch.
- High end ingredients, using O-zone resistant materials
- 25 year product guarantee
- Tested for rebound ability, hardness, elasticity and specific gravity
- New Technology which ensures the mix of the ingredients is perfect before entering any stage of manufacture, eliminating the risk of ‘dead spots’ along the length of the rubber
- Separate machine vulcanisation massively reduces the risk of swelling, controlling the shape of the rubber after extrusion
- Maturation periods after each process, based on years of expert knowledge and experience, ensuring the perfect bounce for the velocity and weight of the balls.